IS THIS YOU?
*Actual convo between a friend and I.
Yes, I play games to pass the time. It’s an addiction I can’t kick! Plus, it keeps my mind active and allows my inner competitive fire to unleash–without hurting anyone. These are the ones I have been playing lately.
1. Plants vs. Zombies: The entire point of the game is to NOT GET EATEN by the big bad zombies! You are basically planting as many plants as possible and using them to protect the zombies from invading your house and eating you. Each plant has it’s own shield and fighting capabilities to slow, stop, and/or kill the zombies. If you end up losing, there’s this really disturbing scream of a distressed man that lets out–which is why I try NOT to lose and if/when I do, I immediately turn off the volume to avoid hearing that.
2. Will’s World: Remember Chip’s Challenge? Well this is pretty similar to that, which is why I love it. It’s so satisfying to figure out these little puzzles and collecting all the coins! The only downside is playing this game on a touch screen is definitely not as functional as using a keyboard to move around. I wish they had a girl version called Jill’s Journey.
3. Candy Crush: ALL THAT CANDY! Your goal is to “clear all the jelly” that blocks the candys from lining up by color and popping. If you get 3 in a row, they pop. If you get 4 in a row, a special striped candy clears an entire row. If you get 5 in a row, it turns into a donut that pops similar colored candy all at once. It’s addicting, to say the least.
4. Tetris Blitz: Who doesn’t like Tetris? The benefit of this is you don’t have to manually switch the shape of each piece, the game gives you the option to choose the shape and tells you where it will go. It’s basically like a multiple choice test. If you choose the right one, rows should clear. If you don’t, they start to stack.
5. Bejeweled Blitz: This is the timed version of Candy Crush, with no variation of location and puzzle format. The same rules applies: 3 gems in a row clears all 3 gems, 4 gems in a row gives you a special gem that explodes and gives you more points, 5 gems in a row gives you a mystery cube that clears all gems for one color. Since it has a 1 minute time limit, you will find yourself playing this game at least 10 times in a row.